Saturday 15 February 2014

Gluing Myself a Table

I have been playing with the idea to build my own table for about two weeks now because I could not see the table, with specific measurements that I want, anywhere or at least not for reasonable price.

Initially, I wanted to build it out of plastic plumbing pipes but it is hard to get them here unless you buy in large bulks and cost would be quite high anyway. And I need to mention that I have no drill and that would add to the cost also so I quickly dismissed this option.

Then a brilliant idea came to me. Build it from old cardboard boxes! :)

I LOVE recycling so it makes this project perfect. No harsh chemicals are used so if you have kids you can turn the building table into family weekend fun.

I started hoarding materials. I got an ordinary school safe PVA glue, cutter for cutting cardboard, acrylic color to make it waterproof when it's finished and of course lots of cardboard boxes.

If you don't have any place to get the boxes from, go and ask at your grocery supermarket. I am sure they will be more than happy to give you some.

I will keep you posted with the progress once I do some REAL work.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment