Saturday 8 August 2015

Drawing Journey Part20 - Kettle

Week 3: Kettle

When I first saw what was on the agenda for this week I immediately thought " There is no way in a million years that I can do that"

So, I took a deep breath and started.

I had an outline to fill in and as the same as previous weeks some instruction how to accomplish this massive task, at least massive in my "student's"  head, were included.

Recommendation was not to spent more than 4 hours with it and  because I'm perfectionist and my credo is "If you do something do it properly " I spent more than 9 hours over few days. I did section by section from beginning to the end even though instruction were to do it as a whole and not in sections.

Very pleased with it and especially after I thought it was impossible it gave me the whole new level of confidence and first time since I'd started drawing I felt like an Artist.

This exercise was somehow a huge breakthrough for me and it did open the door to a new world of drawing perception (very hard to explain the feeling I have at the moment :)

Personal notes: a prolonged period of heavy concentration gives you a massive headache!!!

Discovery : Graphite is lifted up even though a fixative is used. I was working on this piece for a few days and covering it with some glassine paper to protect it between my drawing sessions. I noticed that over few days very dark areas, almost black, on Day 1 was middle grey on Day 3 and at the end I had to retouched picture quite significantly.

Looking forward to next project and until then Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment