Thursday 3 September 2015

Drawing Journey Part22 - Upside-Down-Puzzle 2


I found Will Kemp Foundations of Drawing course on Lynda.com which seemed to be like a great way how to develop my drawing skill further and because I used the Free Trial offer I had nothing to loose.

It reminded me a theory of the book Drawing on the right side of the brain which Faces/Vase exercise came from.

Back to Will’s course, the first exercise was about re-programming the brain to draw what it actually sees instead of what it thinks it sees.

This upside down puzzles was more sophisticated than the horse puzzle I’d done before. There was a picture included in the course which I printed it out. Following the instructions from the video section I covered the whole pic before I had a chance to see it. I uncovered a small portion, drew it, uncovered another portion and so on and I literally had no clue what it was going to be. after ¾ of drawing it finally hit me that it looked like a portrait.

It still surprises me how easy drawing can be if you flip your picture upside down and working on small section instead of the whole which could be very discouraging and scary if you’re lacking a “drawing confidence “ especially from beginning.

Next time tonal ground drawing so stay tuned :)

Have a great drawing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment