Wednesday 9 September 2015

Drawing Journey Part23 - Jug

This exercise was far the best one yet!

At the beginning I had to prepare a tonal ground for my drawing which just meant starting to draw on grey surface instead if white one. Later on I discovered it was more about erasing than using a pencil and I truly loved it.

To make a tonal ground I sprinkled graphite shavings onto the paper and then smudged them to create a smooth middle grey/natural grey tone. A clutch pencils are brilliant for making graphite dust as there is no wood from pencil shaft to contaminate it.

When that was done I started with rough sketch of a jug which could be found on Will Kemp website or click HERE. He used a picture of pomegranate in his course however I liked the jug better.

Then I was adding shadows with soft pencil where it was need and for highlights I used an eraser.

Because I started with already mid-tones placed on the paper I found it very easy to either go darker for shadows or lighter for highlights using the eraser opposite to drawing and shading from the scratch on white card.

Hope you like it as much as I do :)

See you next time and have a great Day

No comments:

Post a Comment