Wednesday 16 September 2015

Drawing Journey Part25 - Rose

So, after a few days of having fun with some simple hatching and crosshatching I decided to do some funky project.

I found a Rose tutorial made by PaintBasket on YouTube which I thought it would be a great way to test my new skills. Link to it is HERE

I wanted to begin with the very same starting point as a gentleman on video, so I paused the video, took a screenshot of the outline he did, resized it a A5 (European size) , did a transfer and I got my 0.35mm technical pen ready. 

I started to watch the video and I can confidently say that I had not seen nothing more boring than that. It was long, dragging and despite the gentleman's soothing voice it was also incredible monotonous. As it was in a real time it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes of suffering. He was really trying to explain his thinking process as well which was nice but did not help me that much so in the middle I decided to just go with it with some faith and hoping for the best. I replicated shadows he did. I replicated the highlights he did. I replicated some strokes he did and so on without thinking why.

When I was done something magical happened. As I was so focusing constantly on very small portion of the drawing I completely missed it as a whole. Then I looked at it from bigger distance and I could see my Rose looking like a professional artwork.

Lesson learned! Give a chance to something even though you think is pointless because magic happens at the very end. I am very grateful for this not "boring anymore" tutorial because without it I wouldn't be able to ink the Rose and my artistic confidence wouldn't improve.

I am so incredible exciting and pleased with the result that I can't wait for my next projects.

See you next time and Have a brilliant drawing day :)

Artist to Artist note :
When you do the same as me please don't claim it as your own, instead give the credit to the person you've got it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment