Saturday 12 September 2015

Drawing Journey Part24 - Beginning of Inking

During browsing on the internet I bumped on some guy who did outlines of his cartoon characters with brush and ink and it looked like so much fun that I bought a Sumi brush almost immediately afterwards.

I fell in love with inking instantaneously and I bought a set of Faber-Castell set of technical pens as well. It was something incredible satisfying to see wet ink drying out on the paper that I could do just simple hatching and crosshatching for hours and hours.

Was a little bit surprised that there are not as many resources nowadays as I thought it would be about using technical pens and all books I bought were dated back to the 80s. I guess it's not "trendy" anymore as it used to be :)

Anyway, my next project is to ink a rose so fingers crossed it will turn up at least good, aiming for great :)

Have a great artistic day

No comments:

Post a Comment