Sunday 19 July 2015

Drawing Journey Part15 - Loose Curves

Moving on, I started the Outline Drawing course by Cindy Wider and these are first exercises in Week1.

Loose curves: the whole idea was about to be able to draw a curve using sketching strokes instead of few straight lines forming the curve. The given exercise was just something abstract however I chose to tweak it a little and I drew this Futuristic Dandelion instead. I must say I was pretty impressed with myself :)

Copy the pattern: main focus was on allocating points in a semi finished grid as precisely as possible and then joining them together forming lines and curve. Also it was a good practice on splitting lines in halves, quarters and so on.

I did some additional recommended Extra Practice for a different sizes of ellipses as they are apparently very important for drawing realistically.

Overall I am quiet pleased with the outcome and I am ready for exercise/-s in Week 2 .

Happy Drawing and see you next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment