Tuesday 30 June 2015

Drawing Journey Part4 - Drawing Board Butterflies

Side One - Part 2

The real fun came after I'd done the base for the clip board.

I used a blending tool for stamping and in circular motion applied Distress ink Antique Linen for approximately 10cm all around the edges in inward direction (from the edge to the center of the board) . This type of ink is water based so to ensure nice even blending I frequently damped the blending tool into water and I made sure that there were no rough visible marks left, just nice smooth shading.

Then I switched to darker ink- Distress Vintage Photo. I used the very same technique as the first time but this time I was shading just about 7cm from edges.

Lastly I used darkest Distress Walnut Stain ink and did just about 2cm from edges. All the blending created a pretty graduated shadows around the edges.

After everything dried out I applied Distress Antique Linen ink again but just for this time I left the blending tool behind and used a tiny bit of bathroom sponge. I did moist it a little with water, inked all over the board from the center to edges direction and let it dry again.

When I was happy with shadows on the board, I used Dovecraft Premium Cocoa Brown pigment ink, acrylic block and four different types of clear stamps - corner flowers. monarch butterfly, small butterfly and single flower.

Gloss varnish was applied once board was dried again.

And I was ready for the other side.

To be continued . . . . . . .  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment