Wednesday 1 July 2015

Drawing Journey Part5 - Dark Side of Drawing Board

Side Two- Part3   

At the beginning of making this board I had no clue what to do with other side. Initially I just wanted to paint in with acrylic paint but after the inking side one I got into a flow and could not stop with playing with inks.

First of all I covered the whole surface with Distress Vintage Photo ink in random directions.

With the wet blending tool I applied Distress Walnut Stain ink about 5cm around the edges and carefully blended distress Black Soot ink in few anticlockwise rounds while the board was still wet .

As it looked quite harsh I took the piece of bathroom sponge, which I wetted quite often, and applied a lot of pressure while was smudging the ink pigment in outward direction (from the center to the edge). The smudging  was repeated few times.

When everything was dried I took an acrylic block, a jet black Dovecraft pigment ink, a big clear stamp and stamped the flowers into two opposite corners.

I am totally ready for my drawing adventure now.

The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment