Sunday 16 March 2014

Basket Pendants design by Sumie

The pattern for these cute basket pendants is from the Japanese book "Tatting lace for the first time" or another translation is "My first tatting lace" (as I don't speak Japanese not sure which one is more accurate :) wrote by Sumie.

The red one is made by almost following the pattern to the dot.

It consists of three rounds plus the handles. Originally, every round starts with a new thread so it means hiding ends every time you finish the round and because I didn't like that I've made some adjustments. I used split rings, mock picots and split chain to avoid starting each round with the new thread.

The gold basket was made by using the same pattern except I did omit all ornamental picots as I found them quite overwhelming.

One basket took about 60 minutes to tat and the video of how I made it can be watched by clicking HERE.

Have a nice day :)

4 comments:

  1. Will you share the written pattern for your basket ? My email is at
    dbrant2009@live.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I love the baskets! I was just wondering if the below link is to the Sumie book you mentioned (it has 3-D tatting on the cover so looked the most likely candidate to me)

    http://www.roseground.com/books/tatting-books/sumie-tatting-2

    I'd love to know which book they are in if possible, as little baskets seem like the perfect things to tat for Easter!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello

      I do agree these baskets are perfect for this time of year. They came out about an inch big but I still could place a small egg in :)

      The are from a different book, please find the link below.

      https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/203442118/tatting-japanese-magazine-patterns-and?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=japanese%20tatting&ref=sr_gallery_11

      Happy tatting





      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the link! (And for such a swift response!) I can't wait to get tatting these cute little baskets for Easter!

    Also, thanks for saying that size-wise they will be big enough for a little egg, as that's exactly what I was hoping to put in them!!

    Take care, and happy tatting!

    ReplyDelete