Saturday 4 July 2015

Drawing Journey Part8 - Cube Basic Shape


Apparently there are four basic shapes square, circle, triangle and rectangular and any object can be simplified into these shapes. With additional few lines you can transform 2d object to 3d so from a square you can draw a cube, from a circle a sphere, from a triangle a cone and from a rectangular a cylinder.

I decided to start with a cube as I found it the simplest from all - just few parallel lines. How hard it can be? Right?

I did three session and  started with very basic cubes trying to draw them from different angles. Eventually I got bored with simple forms and started adding more details to it. Was quite surprised when I finished and realized that I drew a cute Robot. I just let myself go without trying hard and some inner feeling was guiding me. Then I understood what people meant by " drawing was unfolding in front of my eyes" feeling.

As you can see I progressed from simply shapes to more complicated ones. Some of them involved quite a lot of thinking which I did not expect but found it relaxing at same time.

After all, had a great sense of achievement :)

Note: small written numbers on picture represent the sequence in which I was drawing however with some I got back to and re-do them completely.

i.e. number 6 was a plain cube - one hour later got back to it and made it a robot or number 12 was a dice from weird angle, did not like, it started to play with it and made it to Telly Family :)



No comments:

Post a Comment